We have a position for a service engineer in the South or South West region of the UK. We are welcoming CVs from candidates
a1-cbiss is providing market leading value added environmental engineering solutions through its extensive technical, industry and legislative experience and know how. Our pledge is to work with our customers and suppliers alike, in partnership with the common goal of providing customers with the right solution at the outset. Through the excellence of our ongoing support, we aim to achieve long lasting working relationships with both our customers and suppliers.
Founded in 1989 with its Head Office in the North West of England (Tranmere) and offices also in Horsham to provide extensive UK support coverage. The CBISS name was established from its foundation in designing Custom Built Intelligent Sampling Systems with a strong emphasis on providing complete turnkey solutions. Acquired by Diploma PLC in 2006, the name change sees the introduction of a1-cbiss. We benefit from the backing of a strong performing FTSE250 PLC Parent Company but run day to day with the energy and enthusiasm of an SME and the Company has experienced strong growth over the last 5 years.
Today at a1-cbiss we offer a wide range of either Manufactured, Integrated or straight Resale Fixed or Portable solutions that cater for a number of applications typically personal safety (Gas, Leak & Odour Detection) and environmental protection (Integrated Continuous Emissions Monitoring solutions) within a variety of industries including; Oil & Gas, Energy From Waste, Power, Water Utility, Petrochemical, Commercial/Industrial Refrigeration and Manufacturing.
The key function of this role is to provide service and support to your allocated cluster of sites, including all associated documentation & paperwork.
An essential element of the role is also to ensure strong communication lines are maintained with both External & Internal Customers for the duration of each contract from final commissioning & project sign off through to service contract.
The Service Department currently is structured with two sub-departments for Northern & Southern Support with two dedicated service administrators, all of which report to the service manager (current team of 17 staff).
The role encompasses the following responsibilities for (not inclusive):-
- Management of allocated cluster of sites to make sure all elements of the service contract are provided in line with customer/contractual expectations/obligations i.e. deliver service and support to the desired level of quality, on time and within budget, updating SLX with all required information.
- Forge quality customer relationships by liaising professionally with customers when on site, i.e. how problems have been resolved, action taken to avoid further problems, etc. Ensure customers are aware at all times of ETA on site, any potential delays, issues, etc.
- Assist regional supervisor with accurate recording of stock by ensuring that all parts/consumables used on site visits are recorded using the designated method.
- Seek out new business opportunities – e.g. service and repair work from new and existing customers
- Proactively review your work schedule to make sure customer expectations are met.
- Proactively request training as & when required
- Ensuring that strong communication lines are maintained with external and internal Customers
- Essential is a strong working relationship with the other service engineers to ensure all contracts are delivered within their SLA
- Attendance of regional service meetings
- Extremely well organized and structured
- Excellent communicator on all levels (varying mediums)
- Self motivated
- Good team player
- Good eye for detail
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree, HND or Equivalent in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Instrumentation in previous roles preferred in an Industrial environment
- Proven successful man-management track record
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org