GET A FREE DESIGN CONSULTATION
NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY when you order before 2pm
REQUEST A CREDIT ACCOUNT
SafeCide Portable Peracetic Acid Monitor
Reliable Means of Employee Protection
ChemDAQ® SafeCide™ 2.0 is a portable peracetic acid monitor. It also has the capabilities to monitor other sterilisation gases such as Hydrogen Peroxide and Ethylene Oxide
- Ruggedised handheld device, running the ChemDAQ software on an Android platform
- Real-time measurement of vapour concentration in parts per million (PPM)
- Two modes of operation:
- Environment Sampling Mode: Spot checking
- Industrial Hygiene Mode: 8 hour & 15 minute TWA
- Bluetooth sensor communication provides for easy sensor placement, up to 30 feet
- Track exposure data, which can be exported to storage device or cloud via wifi for further analysis
- Alert messaging by email
Peracetic Acid E-Cell® Sensor
The ChemDAQ Difference
Peracetic acid has become an essential antimicrobial and bleaching compound in many industries, and ChemDAQ was the first company to develop a sensor to detect PAA. Like the H2O2 sensors, ChemDAQ’s PAA sensors are always calibrated with PAA test gas. ChemDAQ’s PAA sensor employs a unique filter that removes essentially all the H202 but lets the PAA pass through to the sensor. This innovative, patent pending technology is included with every ChemDAQ PAA sensor to provide our customers with the best performance in the industry.
Reduce Downtime with Sensor Exchange Program (SXP)
ChemDAQ’s exclusive SXP service provides you with the assurance that your monitoring system sensors are calibrated and accurate. This is done by delivering timely and consistent factory pre-calibrated sensors.
a1-cbiss offers a convenient, hassle-free, sensor exchange program using a simple three step process
- a1-cbiss notifies designated SXP contact person at your facility when it’s time for new sensor(s)
- a1-cbiss ships factory pre-calibrated sensors for each specific chemical along with calibration certificates.
- Designated SXP contact person connects new sensor(s) to monitor(s) and returns expired sensor(s) to a1-cbiss in the shipping container provided using the pre-addressed, pre-paid return shipping label.
A Growing Demand for Portable Peracetic Acid Monitoring
The demand for Portable Peracetic Acid Monitoring systems has grown substantially after safety bosses are starting to take note of the dangers of PAA. Over the past 2 years, a1-cbiss have completed Endoscopy department installations at several hospitals across the UK.
Safety managers are adopting a safety-conscious mindset by ensuring that sterilisation areas are protected by monitoring system to create a safe working environment for their employees.
Peracetic acid (PAA) is a liquid sterilant that is used in;
- Disinfection of medical devices in hospitals and manufacturing
- Treatment of bottles and beverage containers prior to filling
- Poultry, meat, seafood, fruits, vegetables and other food items to prevent foodborne illnesses
Overexposure to PAA can cause severe physiological effects
- Irritation and burning of the skin and eyes leading to eye damage
- Irritation of the nose and throat
- Irritation of the lungs causing coughing and shortness of breath
Regulations/ Guidelines for Peracetic Acid
Exposure limits and guidelines when using peracetic acid disinfection have been set by a number of national agencies including the following. Make sure to follow these for proper PAA safety and training of staff:
CAL-OSHA: Proposed limits
- 15-minute STEL of 0.4 ppm
- 8-hour PEL of 0.15 ppm
How can a1-cbiss help you?
To find out more about our Peracetic Acid monitoring system solution, click here
a1-cbiss known for their engineering capabilities offer a site survey to help specify your requirements, complete project management, installation & commissioning, and ongoing servicing of the system.
|Multi Gas Tags|
Talk with the Experts
Contact us - Our application specialists will identify the best gas monitoring equipment for your needs based on the information that you can provide. If you're unsure about what's important, consider booking a site survey.
Book a site survey - Our specialists consider your process, your site conditions and work with you to understand your needs. It is the most effective means of ensuring your system is completely fit for purpose.